Saturday, May 16, 2009

Eurovision - Rehearsal



Yes I did it! I have visited Dress Rehearsal on Friday evening.

It was really interesting and exciting, especially as I have been to Olympiskiy for the first time. And maybe for the last. It's a huge building and if you are not sitting just near the stage you see artists like cockroaches. Though there are 2 screens but they are so small that I had to use opera-glass to watch the screen!

As for a sound, light and special effects they were not bad. But as we already live in XXI century and for millions of dollars which they spent on the contest I expected more.

Hosts - Ivan Urgant and Alsou spoke English fast and not bad! But I didn't understand why the contest needs hosts because they appeared maybe just for 5 minutes during 2 hours.

Nobody announced contestants, their songs and countries. I had to read the names on the screen.

But music was good, and I enjoyed the songs.

Bilan appeared in the beginning with "Believe".

I liked Patricia Kaas and Jade Ewen, very cool and cheerful German band.

And even Anastasia Prihodko impressed me. Audience was happy and really supported her! Very original perfomance.

No comments:

Post a Comment